Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Illustration: Spencer


As I've mentioned here before, this year I have embarked on a year-long, magical journey called 'thesis'. There have been ups and downs in the process - one minute feeling right on track, then feeling completely lost and frustrated the next. Yesterday I had a critique on this piece (and one other you may have seen on my instagram) that really lifted my spirit and got me excited about it all!

Without further ado, I am happy to introduce you guys to Spencer!

Long story short; Spencer is my alien character who is trying to fit in amongst humans, attempting and failing to interpret our daily behaviour and habits. 

Here, Spencer tries to take care of pets the way we do, and he really does want to take good care of them, he just doesn't quite get it right...

ps. this is just a quick iphone shot, will post proper scans once I get it back from my prof!
xo

4 comments:

  1. this is amazing! you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove this! How was it created? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dori :) It's acrylic with graphite on top for added texture

      Delete