My first painting of 2015! This was a school asisgnment that I got really on board with - we had to choose an otherwise uninteresting subject in the studio we have our class in, and find a way to make it interesting. Using repetition, careful attention to the various ways one single white wall really looked, and a focus on texture / little details, I put together this collection of painted wall things.
Do you follow my art page on Facebook? Check it out HERE!
In my last post I mentioned at the very end that I have started a new blog. It's called House of Ell. I'm going to be documenting my 'Year of Thrift: 2015 Challenge" and my general endeavours in sustainable living, as well as some of my non-illustration focused art! I'm really excited about it and would love to see some of my usual readers check out what I'm up to over there, if you're interested!
You can read my Year of Thrift manifesto HERE, and check out my most recent post with 5 tricks to cleaning out your closet HERE!!
I'll still post here, which I think I already said, but I will focus this blog on my illustration work! I also want to say a really big thank you to everyone who has followed my blog in all its shapes and forms over the years. It's fun to evolve, and I hope you'll have fun along the way as well!
Because you didn't have enough on your blog feed already, right?
This list is for myself mostly, I want to sit and document what was so good about 2014, and what I look forward to in 2015, and share my main 2015 goal with you guys!
In 2014 I...
- Moved to France and spent half the year there, adventuring, discovering, learning about myself, developing my own independence, meeting new friends, and making memories I will always cherish!
- Began working at a centre for people with Alzheimers and Dementia, teaching art classes. I was AM so, so so sooo lucky to have this opportunity because this is a new direction in life that I want to explore.
- Made some decisions about how I want to live my life that I think will positively impact myself and the world around me.
- Fell in love! With people, with cities, with myself, with life. It's a great feeling!
- Met some really incredible people from all over the world whom I hope I will always find a way to stay in touch with.
- Went to many fun concerts and shows and events and am newly enamoured with my home city! Some of the concert highlights include: The Growlers, Timber Timbre, The Allah Las, City and Colour (that was in Paris though!)
Perfect photo to sum up my year - in front of posters for Sagmeister's The Happy Show in Paris!
In 2015 I...
- Will graduate from university and then throw myself into "real-life". Let the games begin!
- Travel post-graduation, back to Europe I go!
- Budget and keep track of my expenses. Especially if I want to travel, and since I will be joining the workforce in the summer.
This is the extra exciting bit: I'M STARTING A NEW BLOG. It will be where I document my efforts in a challenge I've given myself for the year of 2015 to only thrift my clothes, and generally make my purchases and lifestyle choices thinking about sustainability, nature, and good stuff like that. I will keep blogging here, mostly about my art and design endeavours, but I really hope you follow along with House of Ell, my new corner of the blogosphere that I'm really really really excited about! I even bought a domain name. And am going to work with one of my favourite blogger/designer gals to design a proper logo/branding package by the end of the month. So many firsts in one little blog - it's already off to a good start :)