Monday, April 13, 2015

Illustration Inspiration: Cara Carmina

A few weeks ago I met Montreal based Norma of Cara Carmina at the One of a Kind Spring Show.



We immediately had two points in common: both of us illustrators, both of us HUGE Frida Kahlo fans! We talked a lot about Frida and the illustration world. Norma has books published with her paper-cut illustrations, and has some upcoming books in the making. She has her illustrations on tights and dresses and makes dolls out of her characters.


After imparting some illustration knowledge and gushing over Frida Kahlo, she gave me one of her Frida Kahlo post cards to keep and I've tucked it into my favourite Frida Kahlo biography book. Norma was so lovely to meet and I'm a HUGE fan of her work - particularly her Frida inspired pieces, but I'm pretty biased on that.


Take a look at her adorable characters and more of her diverse works on the Cara Carmina website and etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment